The Center for Student Excellence supports the promotion process, professional development, student engagement, and classroom success.
What We Do
We support COLFA Faculty and Staff.
- Engage faculty/staff in embedding career-focused curriculum in their courses.
- Introduce faculty/staff to opportunities for student engagement and involvement
- Provide funding support to faculty through grants for career engaged initiatives
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
COLFA Classroom to Career Faculty Curriculum Grant
Call for Proposals (Fall 2022 & Spring 2023)
The purpose of the COLFA Classroom to Career Faculty Curriculum Grant program is to support COLFA faculty members seeking to develop classroom experiences that:
- Provide a fuller understanding of practical applications of classroom learning
- Engage in the exploration of career pathways in COLFA related fields of study
- Engage in research-related projects or scholarship
This grant is in alignment with the UTSA Classroom to Career Initiative.
– Must be a faculty member within the UTSA College of Liberal and Fine Arts
– If awarded, proposed classroom experience must take place in the application term of the awarded grant
– A faculty member may not be awarded two grants in one fiscal year
Recipients of the COLFA Classroom to Career Faculty Curriculum Grant will receive up to $1,000 toward the cost of approved classroom experiences. Recipients can only receive one award in a fiscal year. In cases where partial funding is available from alternative sources, the recipient of a grant may combine the awards to cover the allowable costs of the classroom experience.
COLFA faculty that are interested in this opportunity must submit an application HERE.
The application will request:
- The course code and seating limit for proposed course.
- A 400 – 500 word description of your proposed classroom experience and its potential transformative impact.
- An estimated itemized budget description of the proposed classroom experience
The deadline for applications in the Fall will be July 15th (notifications on July 30th)
The deadline for applications in the Spring will be October 30th (notifications on November 15th)
Applications will be evaluated by a committee in the COLFA Center for Student Excellence. This committee will rank applications based on the:
– Alignment of proposed classroom experience to goals of grant and its transformative impact
– Feasibility of the proposed classroom experience
– Scope and wide-reaching impact of classroom experience
For general COLFA Classroom to Career Faculty Curriculum Grant program questions, contact us at email@example.com.