How We Help
The COLFA Center for Student Excellence works hard to make sure that finances are not a barrier for you to engage in our experiential learning experiences such as study abroad/away, internships, research projects, and volunteering. Click below to see all the internal and external funding opportunities. If you need assistance in writing for scholarships/grants or have questions about the process, please attend our scholarship writing workshop or contact us at email@example.com to make an appointment.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
COLFA Center for Student Excellence Experiential Learning Scholarship
The purpose of the COLFA Center for Student Excellence Experiential Learning Scholarship is to support COLFA undergraduate and graduate students seeking to professionally develop outside of the classroom. The funds for this scholarship are used to support:
- Research projects related to your field of study or interests
- Study abroad and global engagement programs connected to your professional goals
- Internships, both for-credit and non-credit (minimum 10hrs per week for at least 5 weeks)
- Non-COLFA certificate programs that are connected to your professional development
- Conference and seminar registration related to your field of study
- Community engagement projects related to your field of study
- Exhibits, competitions, and performances related to your field of study that connect to your professional development
This grant is in alignment with the UTSA Classroom to Career Initiative.
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in the College of Liberal and Fine Arts at the time of the proposed experience. (Must be a major in a COLFA Department)
- Must be a student in good standing
- If awarded, proposed experience must take place in the application term of the awarded scholarship (Fall, Spring, Summer)
- A student may not be awarded two scholarships in one fiscal year
- Must be eligible, accepted, and approved for experience before funds are distributed
Recipients of the COLFA Center for Student Excellence Experiential Learning Scholarship
will receive anywhere from $200- $500 toward the cost of approved learning experience. Recipients can only receive one award in a fiscal year. In cases where partial funding is available from alternative sources, the recipient of a scholarship may combine the awards to cover the allowable costs of the experience.
COLFA students that are interested in this opportunity must submit an application here.
The application will request:
- Detailed information on the proposed experience
- A 400 – 500 word description of your proposed experience and how it will connect with your personal, professional, and academic goals.
- An estimated budget description of the proposed experience
The deadline for applications in the Spring will be November 15th (notifications on Dec. 1st)
The deadline for application in the Summer will be March 15th (notifications on Apr. 1st)
The deadline for applications in the Fall will be July 15th (notifications on Aug. 1st)
Applications will be evaluated by a committee in the COLFA Center for Student Excellence. This committee will rank applications based on the:
– Alignment of experience to goals of scholarship and its transformative impact
– Feasibility of the proposed experience
– Your participation and involvement in COLFA Approved Professional Development Workshops and Events
For questions about this scholarship, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org