How We Help
The COLFA Center for Student Excellence works hard to make sure that finances are not a barrier for you to engage in our experiential learning experiences such as study abroad/away, internships, research projects, and professional conferences. Visit UTSA Scholarship Hub to apply for the COLFA Center for Student Excellence Experiential Learning Scholarship.
Click on the button to search other external scholarship opportunities.
COLFA Experiential Learning Scholarship
The purpose of the COLFA Experiential Learning Scholarship is to support undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Liberal and Fine Arts (COLFA) seeking to professionally develop outside of the classroom. The funds for this scholarship are used to support:
- Research projects related to your field of study or academic interests
- Study abroad/study away and global engagement programs connected to your professional goals
- Internships, both for-credit and non-credit (minimum 10hrs per week for at least 5 weeks)
- Training or professional certification programs that are connected to your professional development
- Conference and seminar registration related to your field of study
- Community engagement projects related to your field of study
- Exhibits, competitions, and performances related to your field of study that connect to your professional development
This grant is in alignment with the UTSA Classroom to Career Initiative.
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in the College of Liberal and Fine Arts at the time of the proposed experience. (Must be a major in a COLFA Department)
- Must be a student in good standing
- If awarded, proposed experience must take place in the application term of the awarded scholarship (Fall, Spring, Summer)
- A student may not be awarded more than one COLFA Experiential Learning Scholarship in one fiscal year
- Must be eligible, accepted, and approved for experience before funds are distributed
Recipients of the COLFA Experiential Learning Scholarship will receive anywhere from $200- $500 toward the cost of approved learning experience. Recipients can only receive one award in a fiscal year.
COLFA students that are interested in this opportunity must submit an application here.
The application will request:
- Detailed information on the proposed experience
- A 400 – 500 word description of your proposed experience and how it will connect with your professional and academic goals.
- An itemized budget of the proposed experience (EXAMPLE: Conference registration fee: $90; hotel 2 nights (double occupancy): $150; gas: $50; meals during travel days: $40; hotel parking: $30. TOTAL=$360)
Completed applications must be submitted by the deadlines for the term in which the experience will take place. Late applications will not be accepted.
Fall 2022 – September 15 deadline (notifications on September 30)
Spring 2023 – February 15 deadline (notifications on March 1)
Summer 2023 – TBD
Applications will be evaluated by a committee in the College of Liberal and Fine Arts. This committee will rank applications based on the:
– Alignment of experience to your professional goals and field of study
– Feasibility of the proposed experience
– Your participation and involvement in COLFA professional development workshops and events
For questions about this scholarship, contact us at email@example.com